Accompanying - Greg Howlett - DVD by Bible Truth Music
Product Code: GH-DVD-ACCOMPANYING
ACCOMPANYING - DVD COURSE by Greg Howlett
There is a huge difference between accompanying a congregation and accompanying a small group or soloist. This course focuses on the latter.
This is a 1-hour course and includes a study guide with examples.
What you will learn:
- How to eliminate unnecessary notes
- Ideas for patterns you can play
Prerequisites (what you need to know to understand this course)
1. How to read music (general basics such as naming notes, counting, key signatures, etc.).
2. Basic theory. You need to know how to play a major scale. Ideally, you can build simple chords such as major and minor triads. If you need help in this area, consider purchasing Theory for Church Pianists
3. How to identify chords and chart a song. You should be able to analyze vocal harmony in a hymnal and identify the chords. We will do one song early in the class as an example. If you need further help, consider purchasing the course How To Chart a Song